SEXUAL ASSAULT HOTLINE: 1-866-570-7273
DIRECT LINE: 337-494-7273
Our Sexual Violence Program serves:
Calcasieu, Allen, Beauregard, Cameron and Jeff Davis Parishes.
All services are free and confidential.
- Medical Advocacy
- Legal Advocacy
- Criminal Justice
- Survivors Support Group
- Community Education
- Volunteer Opportunities
OSVP offers informational and emotional support system for sexual assault/abuse victims and their families.
Our staff and volunteers provide direct services to survivors of sexual assault offering them support and advocacy. Prevention and educational services provided empower youth and adults to avoid high-risk situations and behavior, and inform service providers of the needs of victims. OSVP provides emergency assistance to survivors of sexual violence. You are not alone. WE CAN HELP.
What is sexual assault?
Sexual assault is defined as any sexual contact or sexual intercourse without consent. It is an act of power and control. Sexual assault can include date or acquaintance rape, child sexual abuse, marital or domestic partner sexual assault, incest (family on family violence), sexual assault by a stranger, and sexual harassment.
After a rape occurs
Immediately notify a friend, relative, or neighbor. Notify law enforcement about the assault. Report to the nearest hospital emergency room for examination; even if you feel that you aren’t injured. An outreach advocate will meet with you at the hospital. DO NOT bathe, douche, eat, drink, or change clothes before going to the hospital. Any of these actions could destroy evidence.
Free 24/7 services for sexual assault victims
• Crisis intervention and supportive counseling are available by telephone or in person. Referrals are provided when appropriate.
• Medical advocacy offers you support throughout the medical process at the hospital.
• Legal advocacy provides you support and assistance throughout the court process if you choose to file a report at the police station.
• Weekly Survivors’ support group helps survivors of rape, sexual assault, or incest.
• Crisis Hotlines are available 24/7 by calling 866-570-7273 or locally at 337-436-8327.